Are you a person who loves to edit videos or pictures? Or, are you a hardcore gamer that doesn’t want any CPU problems or CPU bottlenecks with your GPU? If so, you need to have a good CPU.
The CPU or the Central Processing Unit is considered to be the “brain” of the PC or Rig. Without it, the entire system would be rendered inoperable. In today’s modern world, people are clamoring for high-speed performance and more cores= more performance.
So today, we’re going to take a look at the AMD FX-8320 8-Core processor. Yes, you read that right. The AMD FX-8320 is the first ever 8-core processor that is available to desktops. And not only that, but it is already clocked at 5MHz right out of the box!
The feature list for the FX-8320 is really impressive. If you’re interested in what this processor is capable of, here are its features:
- AMD FX Processors come equipped with AMD Turbo CORE Technology.2 AMD Turbo CORE Technology is a performance boosting technology that helps increase performance on the applications that need it the most.
- One 16-bit link at up to 5600MT/s
- Up to 8.0GB/s HyperTransport™ I/O bandwidth; Up to 16GB/s in HyperTransport Generation 3.0 mode
- Up to 37GB/s total delivered processor-to-system bandwidth (HyperTransport bus + memory bus)
- A high-bandwidth, low-latency integrated memory controller
- Supports up to DDR3-1866
- Supports new low voltage memories of 1.35V and 1.2V
- Up to 29.9GB/s memory bandwidth for DDR3
- New Pre-Fetcher improvements
- Enhanced power management features which automatically and instantaneously adjusts performance states and features based on processor performance requirements
- C6 power state flushes the cache and removes voltage from individual cores to help reduce power consumption
- CC6 power state puts all cores in C6 into an even lower power state
- Works automatically without the need for drivers or BIOS enablement.
- Power can be switched on or off within a single clock cycle, saving energy with minimal impact to performance
- Overclock with easy to use AMD Overdrive™ technology and AMD Catalyst™ Control Center™ software suites
- Supreme power available from virtually every core configuration – also available in 6- and
- 4-core variants
- Aggressive performance for mega-tasking and intensive applications like video editing and
- 3D modeling
The AMD FX-8320 has the new Piledriver architecture that is said to be more efficient than the previous bulldozer architecture. It sports a 32nm die for improved energy efficiency.
Not only that, but the FX-8320 also comes with AMD’s Turbo Technology, which allocates CPU processing power to the applications that need it the most.
The AMD FX-8320 is also an overclocker’s dream. You can really push this card to the limit because it now handles temperatures nicely and it already comes at 5GHz core clock speed, which is by far the fastest core clock speed found on the market today.
And let’s not forget, this processor comes equipped with 8 physical cores! Intel only has 4 physical cores and additional 4 powered cores thanks to the Hyperthreading technology.
Still, if you are into editing and gaming, definitely get the AMD FX-8320. This monster of a processor only costs $137.